Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Puddy Suh-leepy

Jia has really taken to the dogs.  She follows their every move.  Knowing where the treats are, she dispenses them liberally and the dogs really appreciate it.  They are digging this new little person in the house.  Our cockapoo, Millie, follows her around in hopes of some new delicacy.  Jia is even comfortable with the dogs taking the treats right out of her hand.  They’ve been extremely gentle with her.

She slept better last night and so did I.  I feel half way back to normal.  If she wakes up early, as in 6:30 a.m., I say, “Mommy is still tired.  Mommy is sleepy.  Let’s go night-night some more.”  She seems to understand and lies back down on her pillow.  Sometimes I will hear her singing songs in a whisper.  This morning, she was whispering, “Something-something jie-jie…something-something baba,” in a little sing-song tune.  She stayed there next to me, quiet as a mouse, until she saw the sun through the shades start to light up the sky.   

Then came the long string of Chinese words.  I’m sure they went something like this, “Mommy, the sun is up.  It’s daytime, right?  Doesn’t that mean we can get up now?  Let’s go, Mama.  It’s time to play.”  To which I responded, “Oooh, Mama’s still sleepy.  How about this? How about Daddy gets up and gets you breakfast and mommy stays night-night?”  Somehow, she understood me.  She got all excited and said, “Baba, Baba, Mama suh-leepy, Mama suh-leepy.  OK. OK.”  And she grabbed my hand so I could take her downstairs to Baba.   I dropped her off downstairs and went back to bed for a while.  Thank you, Honey, for getting up and feeding her!

She’s putting lots of words together.  We are calling the dogs, the puppies.  She calls them each puddy.  Poor Cricket had been at the groomer all day yesterday and then slept downstairs with Mike.  She was sorely wanting to sleep in her crate in Mike’s closet.  After Jia and I left the bedroom, Cricket made a mad dash for her crate.  Later, Jia was looking for her and I told her that puppy was tired and she was in her crate.  I took her over to the crate to let her see for herself.  She then proceeded to say, “Oh, puddy suh-leepy.” 

Cute and smart! 



1 comment: