Thursday, January 23, 2014

Our Last Day- OK, 2nd to Last Day

We're heading home tomorrow. Yay! We get Jinny's visa and off we go.

Today's pics really need explanations, so here goes.

Erin's first manicure and pedicure ever, and she had them in China! What a
great memory!

We got pedicures with a couple other moms. Jinny sat happily on my lap,
enjoying yet another adventure.

Heading to Starbucks for a late night snack with Brittan and Amy.

Right across the street from the hotel is this amazing Mexican place.
Seriously the best burrito I've ever had. Erin got the shawarma. It was
tasty too (and pretty similar to a burrito). We'll be taking a few of these
on our van ride to Hong Kong.

Jinny discovered my music player. It is by far her most favorite thing yet.
She loves music and listened to everything from Handel to the Kit Kittridge
soundtrack. This will be a HUGE help on the flights, I'm sure.

The last picture has a funny story with it. There is a fancy rotating
restaurant on the 30th floor. We made reservations for the earliest we
could, but still couldn't get in until 8. We went and had the Mexican food
and decided we'd just get dessert at the fancy place. Well, it certainly
was beautiful, but I was somewhat nervous when they did not give us menus.
I saw a huge, every-exotic-food-you-can-imagine buffet as we walked to our
table. I asked if we could order off a menu and was told they only had the
buffet, so I asked how much it was. He said 550RMB, which is the equivalent
of $90! Gulp! I politely declined the buffet, and we headed for the door.
But, before we left, we were able to get a picture. I know it looks like an
alien landed in the city, but that's just the reflection of a crystal
chandelier. There is quite the city view from the 30th floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment