Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Leaving China

We’re Going Home!

This was our last day in Guangzhou.  Fun and relaxing.  We are enjoying every moment.  We finished up all our shopping, ate some yummy Thai food, got our red couch picture, and drank one last Chinese Starbucks Frappuccino. 

Jia is doing great.  Her personality is coming out more and more.  She’s a very lighthearted and fun girl.   And smart.  She’s figured out my Zune player and my phone.  I asked her to please not reset my alarm as we have to get up early.  J (Update-this morning, she handed me my phone with Baba already dialed.  How in the world did she do that?  It took me a week to figure out my phone.)

She played quite a bit with a little friend she made.  His mom and I met online.  They get along great.  She even feeds him.  So sweet.  (We are on the same flight back to the states too.  How fun!)

Here is the last batch of pictures.  Can wait to see Mike, Alli, and Erin! We miss you guys so much.   Jia asked our guide today if Alli and Erin were going to be at the airport.  She can’t wait to meet them.

Speaking of our guide, when she met us with Jia’s visa, Jia said, “Ayi, you look so beautiful all dressed up with your high heeled shoes today.”  Cordelia said, “Oh, Kelly, just you wait until she is speaking English.  You have a very sweet girl.  She will be melting everyone’s heart.”  Yep…she’s already melted ours.  

 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congratulations Degans!! I'm so glad she's finally coming home! She is adorable and I want to hug her just looking at the photos! I hope I will get to meet her sometime!

    Love,
    Abi Reeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly and fam,
    I have read every entry and laughed, cried, and fell in love with Jia and all of you even more! Cannot wait to celebrate her when she is home - let us know when we can visit/see her! Blessings on a safe trip back...praying for God to minister to her concerning her foster family...love you all!

    ReplyDelete