Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finally...a blog!

I've finally gotten this thing up and running! Now we can share our adoption story with our friends and family.


We received Provisional Approval on July 5th for a sweet little 4 1/2 yr old girl in Shenyang, China. Our dossier went to China on July 1st and was logged in on July 14th. We are eagerly awaiting our Letter of Acceptance.


Here is the first picture we saw of our little Jia-girl. This look to me says, "Um, excuse me. Why am I the only kid in the play room? And why are you suddenly taking pictures of me?"  Bless her heart.






But this is more like it. 

A friend I met online is in China right now adopting her son from the same orphanage. She graciously offered to take a care package to Jia for us. We loaded up a box and sent it along with her. Yesterday, she was at the orphanage and found Jia. She was actually able to get quite a few pictures and even some videos! Yay! I was so thrilled. I woke up an hour early just in case she was able to send them and there they were! And here they are!



She is happy and smiling!  I think that is her foster brother, but I'm not sure.


Here she is looking at the goodies from the care package.



Here she is showing everyone her stuffed animal.


What a sweetie!  I'm overjoyed to get pictures and especially videos.  Angie, the gal who made the special delivery, said that she was very sweet.  Thank you!  Thank you, Angie! 

And that hair cut is just so adorable!  It's a Mary Englebreit haircut.  That's how I kept my youngest's hair for years.  Love it!  It's amazing how you can have so much love for a child you've yet to meet.  We really can't wait to get our girl!

We are so thankful that she seems happy and well cared for.  Our prayer is that God would continue to prepare her heart for a new family and that He would prepare our hearts for the new addition to our family. 

Kelly 

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,

    It was truly my pleasure to meet sweet Jia and to deliver her special package. It melted my heart when she said "mama" and "papa" when looking at your card. You all are truly blessed to add her to your family.

    God bless,
    Angie
    www.rylandsfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete